This KtchUp mobile software application (App) is brought to you by KTCHUP Ltd and is available on the Apple App Store.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, KTCHUP Ltd (‘we’ or ‘us’) is the ‘data controller’ (i.e. the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
Personal data we may collect about you
Information that you provide
We will obtain personal information about you (your name and your phone number) whenever you complete forms on the App.
We will obtain the phone numbers of App users and your other contacts in your mobile phone address book, in order for you to be able to use the full features of the App, such as finding your contacts who are App users, and inviting your contacts and friends to events.
We will also obtain personal information you provide when you download and register to use this app, send us feedback, post material, contact us for any reason and by any medium, share information via the App’s social media functions, complete a survey, report a problem with the App.
We may retain a record of any contact you make with us.
Information that we will collect automatically
Device information: We may also collect information about your device each time you use the App. For example, we may collect information on the type of mobile device that you are using and its unique device identifier (for example, the IMEI number, the device’s mobile phone number, or the MAC address of the device’s wireless network interface), the type of mobile browser that you are using, the mobile operating system that you are using, mobile network information, and the time zone setting.
Information on your device: We may also collect information which is stored on your device each time you use the App. For example, we may collect contact information, login information, friends lists, photos, videos and other digital content.
Location data: We may also collect information to determine your location using any location identification technology such as GPS technology or network based location identification. If you would like to use any such feature, you will be asked to consent to provide such location information. You can withdraw your consent to providing this information at any time by changing the settings of the App on your mobile device.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
- research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- customer profiling and analysing your preferences;
- marketing—see ‘Marketing and opting out’, below;
- fraud prevention and detection;
- customising the App and its content to your particular preferences;
- to notify you of any changes to the App or to our services that may affect you;
- security vetting;
- improving our services.
Marketing and opting out
If you have given permission, we may share your personal data with organisations who are our business partners and we or they may contact you (unless you have asked us or them not to do so) by electronic means about products, services, promotions, and special offers that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any further direct marketing communications from us or our business partners, you can opt out at any time. See further ‘Your rights’, below.
The App may contain links to websites or other apps which we or our partners own, or websites or apps of our partners or third parties. Please note that if you follow any of these links, the websites, apps and services provided through them will have their own privacy policies and/or terms and conditions of use. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies and/or terms and conditions of use or the collection and use of any personal data collected through these websites, apps or services. Please ensure that you review the relevant privacy policies and/or terms and conditions of use prior to providing any personal data to, or using these websites, apps and services.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
- other companies within our group;
- a third party who acquires KTCHUP Ltd or acquires substantially all of its assets, in which case the personal data shall be one of the acquired assets;
- our agents and service providers;
- law enforcement and regulatory agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity or as otherwise required by applicable law;
- our business partners in accordance with the ‘Marketing and opting out’ section above.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by sending a confirmation code to the mobile number you create your account with, and by further identifying you through that specific unique mobile number once your account is created;
- we store your personal data on secure servers;
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet and any mobile data network is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet or any mobile data network.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
Information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices; and
- give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad.
Transfers of data out of the EEA
When you downloaded this App and/or registered with this App you agreed that we may transfer your personal data to countries which are located outside the European Economic Area, for technical or legal purposes such as relocating data servers or complying to future legal requirements. Rest assured that we will always ensure any transfer is subject to appropriate security measures to safeguard your personal data.
You have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee (currently £10), to request access to personal data that we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing;
- include proof of your identity and address (eg a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent bill of your mobile phone number that is associated with your App account);
- attach a cheque in the amount of £10 made payable to KTCHUP LTD; and
- specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing;
- provide us with enough information to identify you (eg a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent bill of your mobile phone number that is associated with your App account); and
- specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing (an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a header that says ‘Unsubscribe’ is acceptable); and
- provide us with enough information to identify you (eg a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent bill of your mobile phone number that is associated with your App account), and
- if your objection is not to direct marketing in general, but to direct marketing by a particular channel (eg sms or phone call), please specify the channel you are objecting to.
- recognise you whenever you visit the App (this speeds up your access to the App as you do not have to log on each time);
- obtain information about your preferences, movements in the app and use of the internet and/or mobile data connection;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content and services and to help us better understand our users requirements and preferences;
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns (and those of our partners) more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
- make your App experience more efficient and enjoyable.
By using our App you automatically consent to our usage of cookies.
Third party cookies
We work with third-party suppliers who may also set cookies on our App, for example Google. These third-party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our site. If you want further information please go to the website for the relevant third party. You will find additional information in the table below.
Description of cookies
The below is designed to provide more information about the cookies we use and why:
- Name of cookie: Google Analytics
- Owner: Google Inc.
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to contact [AT] ktchup.com.
We may change this Policy from time to time. You should check this policy frequently to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you use the App.